By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Wine Poached Pears
- 1/2 to a whole bottle of Beaver Creek Vineyards organic and Biodynamic Petie Sirah
- 4-8 firm Bosc or Anjou pears
- 2-4 cinnamon sticks
- 2-4 star anise
- 1-2 vanilla beans
- Maple sugar, coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- Fresh whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or coconut cream
- Walnuts or pecans
- Heat oven to 200 degrees. Peel pears and slice the bottom so they will stand up in your baking dish.
- Pour wine over pears, add spices, add with sweetener of your choice. Bake for 30 minutes covered.
- Remove from the oven, baste and return to the oven uncovered. Cook for another 30-60 minutes, occasionally basting, adding more sweetness if desired, until pears are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve pears warm with red wine sauce, fresh whipped cream, and garnish with honey-roasted walnuts or pecans.